Millions take part in #WEWeek2016
26 October 2016
As we approach the end of 2016, it’s time to reflect on another record breaking year with the national Work Experience Week campaign going from strength to strength. Plans are already in development for Work Experience Week 2017 #WEWeek2017 and, as Rod has said, we would like to hear from you if you have any ideas for this year’s campaign.
In October 2016, Learners from across the country benefitted from high quality work experience as part of this year’s Work Experience Week.
The campaign, created and run by Fair Train, took place from 10th-14th October and saw events up and down the country, with people of all ages getting a taste for the world of work.
Here are some of the headline achievements:
- Over 1.5 million people engaged through social media (Please tell me sometime how we calculate this!)
- Thousands taking part in events across the country
- News published in 24 outlets
- Private, public and voluntary sector organisations offered work placements as a direct result of the campaign
- Our first national conference saw 94% of delegates say they would expand or develop a work experience programme in their organisation as a direct result of attending.
Check out our Storify for some of the best bits and download the full evaluation here.
The plans for the 2017 Work Experience Week Campaign are already in development and we plan to make it even better. So we want to hear directly from you, the organisations we support, about what would make the 2017 campaign the best yet? If you have some ideas you would like to share with us then get in touch via email@example.com