Privacy and Cookies
Fair Train is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Fair Train may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check the live website to ensure you are viewing the most up to date version.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owners, such as which pages you find useful or not. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies are used on this site to maintain functionality as you move between pages.
Our website uses first party cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. They maintain functionality as you move between pages and help us to improve our site. We also use some widely-used third-party social media plugins as marketing tools, and to provide convenience tools for our visitors, which create cookies.
How to manage your cookies
Cookies are sent to your browser by a website and then stored in the cookies directory of your device. To check and update your cookie settings, you will need to know what browser you are using and what version of it you have. You can usually find this by opening the browser (just as if you were going to use the internet) and clicking on 'Help' and then 'About'.
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, go to www.allaboutcookies.org and select the browser and version you are using. You'll also find information about how to delete cookies from your computer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind and opt-out at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
29 Warwick Road
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.